OUR COURSE: HUMAN RESOURCES
This Apprenticeship provides the breadth and depth of skills and knowledge needed for employment in HR.
Total cost per candidate
Employer 5% contribution once Levy exhausted or Non Levy Employer£1,000.00
End Point Assessment Cost
(Paid by Kiwi)
Levy employers can use their funds to fully pay for this qualification
Non Levy employers pay 10% contribution (£500.00) and remaining 90% can be government funded. Please make an enquiry for further details
HR Professionals in this role are typically either working in a medium to large organisation as part of the HR function delivering front line support to managers and employees, or are a HR Manager in a small organisation. Their work is likely to include handling day to day queries and providing HR advice; working on a range of HR processes, ranging from transactional to relatively complex, from recruitment through to retirement; using HR systems to keep records; providing relevant HR information to the business; working with the business on HR changes. They will typically be taking ownership for providing advice to managers on a wide range of HR issues using company policy and current law, giving guidance that is compliant and where errors could expose the organisation to employment tribunals or legal risk. In a larger organisation they may also have responsibility for managing a small team – this aspect is outside the scope of this apprenticeship and will need to be covered separately by the employer.
There are no required qualifications for this apprenticeship.
The employers are keen to drive up professionalism and standards within HR so the Assessment Plan contains suggested qualifications/units that employers can use to ensure robust technical knowledge.
Apprentices without Level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
How will this course be taught?
This is a work based qualification. Learners will be visited in their workplace by a Kiwi trainer, who will assess them using observation, discussion, product evidence, assignments and witness statements. Trainers will require access to carry out observation of the learner in the workplace demonstrating their skills, attributes and competencies. This will be necessary and will be used to assess your competence in your job.
What are the career/progression opportunities?
Successful completion of this standard will enable the individual to apply for Associate Membership (Assoc CIPD) of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), the professional body for the HR sector, if they take the qualifications suggested. Without the qualification, individuals can become an Associate Member of CIPD if their end point assessment is carried out by a provider approved by the professional body.
It forms the foundation of a career within the profession, giving the base for further development through a career path within an organisation and/or through the HR Consultant/Partner apprenticeship.
- Junior Management Consultant Level 4
- Operation Departmental Management Level 5
Employers involved in creating the standard:
Walter Smith Fine Foods LTD, Marks and Spencer’s, Lloyds Bank, Sanctuary Housing, Volvo, BT, Specsavers, EEF, Canon Europe, Bakkavor, Yorkshire Building Society, Marston’s PLC, Severn Trent PLC, Jaguar Land Rover Limited, Civil Service Learning, The Community Housing Group, Carillion PLC, Compass Group plc, McDonald’s UK, Dimension Data UK
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & UNDERSTANDING
Full funding is available for 16-18 year-olds. Funding may also be available for those 19+, however this based on prior attainment and on an individual basis. Please refer to Levy & Non Levy funding page.
The length of this apprenticeship should typically be 18 - 24 months.
The support that we have had from Kiwi has been better than any other training provider we have previously worked with. Their professionalism and industry knowledge is outstanding. Kerry Weir, Team Leader, Enham Trust
I have been very impressed with the apprentices Kiwi has recruited within our business. We have had three over the past two years and all have fitted in extremely well and contributed to our growing business. Dan Peachey, Commercial Director, Intonation Ltd
Great training and excellent flexibility around our business. Kiwi training assessors came out to see my staff at all odd hours as our carers don’t work 9-5 hours. We have had 15 staff complete and will be putting the next cohort through Kiwi too. Cindy Grant, Registered Manager, Squirrels Care Home
We previously used a college to deliver our hospitality courses to our staff, but we didn’t want to release our apprentices off site one day a week. Kiwi assessors came out and delivered on site. This helped with productivity and staff moral as our young staff didn’t want to sit in a classroom. Working well and very pleased with the results. Kelly Travers, Operations Director, Costa Coffee