OUR COURSE: ASSISTANT ACCOUNTING
This Apprenticeship provides the breadth and depth of skills and knowledge needed for employment in Accounting.
Total cost per candidate
Employer 5% contribution once Levy exhausted or Non Levy Employer£1,600.00
End Point Assessment Cost
(Paid by Kiwi)
Levy employers can use their funds to fully pay for this qualification
Non Levy employers pay 10% contribution (£900.00) and remaining 90% can be government funded. Please make an enquiry for further details
An Assistant Accountant provides support to internal and external customers and will work predominately either as an assistant accountant within practice or alternatively within the finance function of an organisation. Part of their role will involve assisting in the day to day financial activities such as data entry to month end management accounts and/or year-end financial statements. In addition the Assistant Accountant may find themselves involved in regulatory financial requirements such as the completion of VAT returns or assisting in the preparation of tax computations.
Individual employers set the selection criteria, but this is likely to include 5 GCSEs, including Maths and English, although some employers will accept other relevant qualifications and experience, including a relevant Level 2 qualification. Apprentices without English or Maths at Level 2 must achieve this prior to taking the end point assessment.
How will this course be taught?
This is a work based qualification. Learners will be visited in their workplace by a Kiwi trainer, who will assess using observations, discussions, product evidence, assignments and witness statements. Trainers will require access to carry out observation of the learner in the workplace demonstrating their skills, attributes and competencies. This will be necessary and will be used to assess your competence in your job.
What are the career/progression opportunities?
As well as ensuring full competency as an Assistant Accountant, this standard provides the foundation for progression into a number of career paths in the Accounting sector including Audit Trainee, Corporate Recovery Analyst, Credit Controller or Tax Accountant.
- Professional Accounting Taxation Technician - Level 4
- Junior Management Consultant Level 4
- Operation Departmental Management Level 5
Employers involved in creating the standard:
Derbyshire NHS Trust, Brothertons, Charles Wells, Environment Agency, Forum Trust, La Livre, XPO Logistics, Tax Assist, DWP, PWC, KPMG
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & UNDERSTANDING
Full funding is available for 16-18 year-olds. Funding may also be available for those 19+, however this based on prior attainment and on an individual basis. Please refer to Levy & Non Levy funding page.
The length of this apprenticeship should typically be 12 - 18 months.
The support that we have had from Kiwi has been better than any other training provider we have previously worked with. Their professionalism and industry knowledge is outstanding. Kerry Weir, Team Leader, Enham Trust
I have been very impressed with the apprentices Kiwi has recruited within our business. We have had three over the past two years and all have fitted in extremely well and contributed to our growing business. Dan Peachey, Commercial Director, Intonation Ltd
Great training and excellent flexibility around our business. Kiwi training assessors came out to see my staff at all odd hours as our carers don’t work 9-5 hours. We have had 15 staff complete and will be putting the next cohort through Kiwi too. Cindy Grant, Registered Manager, Squirrels Care Home
We previously used a college to deliver our hospitality courses to our staff, but we didn’t want to release our apprentices off site one day a week. Kiwi assessors came out and delivered on site. This helped with productivity and staff moral as our young staff didn’t want to sit in a classroom. Working well and very pleased with the results. Kelly Travers, Operations Director, Costa Coffee